631.909.1412
24 Hour Emergency Service

Answering Common Questions About Water Damage

If you have recently suffered water damage in the Hamptons, then you may soon need professional mold removal. Mold growth, from even a little bit of water damage, can cause significant damage to your house and your health. Let’s take a closer look at the answers to some common questions about water damage. water - damage

Can I wait to address water damage?

Water damage should be addressed as soon as possible. If you wait to call a water damage restoration company, then you risk more damage to your home and possessions. The chances of salvaging any materials lowers when you wait hours, days, or weeks to address waterlogged items. You will also increase your chances of developing a health issue from possible contaminants in the water. Chemicals, viruses, and mold spores can all cause health concerns following water damage.

How much damage can come from a little water?

If you have an inch of water pooling under your kitchen sink or spreading across your carpet, then you are at risk for serious damages. A little water may not seem like a big concern, but mold can easily grow following a minor leak or flood. Mold growth can cause damage to your home and your family’s health. If you notice signs of mold—such as a musty smell, increased allergy symptoms, or mold spores—then call for professional mold removal. However, addressing water damage from the start can prevent the spread of mold.

What can professional restorers do after water damage?

A restoration professional will assess the level of damage with moisture-detecting equipment. He will remove all damaged or compromised materials, such as flooring, drywall, linens, and insulation. Many of these materials may be unsalvageable, but your restoration professional will work hard to clear up the water damage. He will then pump out and remove as much water as possible before setting up huge fans to dry the affected areas. During the drying phase, the restorer will inspect for mold growth and other contaminants in your home.