Most molds found in homes can have a bad odor and reduce indoor air quality, but are non-toxic. Toxic black mold ( Stachybotrys chartarum ), however, is toxic and should be handled by professionals in mold remediation near Long Island. Mold removal may seem like a job you can try yourself but, if not managed properly, mold can grow into a bigger problem that may damage your property.
The importance of professional mold removal services is increased in the case of black mold. When exposed to its spores, people can suffer from a variety of health problems, including fatigue, headaches, sneezing, rashes, coughing, and eye irritation. Severe exposure to black mold can cause nausea, vomiting, and bleeding in the nose and lungs.
Like many molds, black mold thrives on moisture and will often be greenish-black in color and have a slimy appearance. Black mold has a particularly musty odor and is commonly found in areas of the home where too much moisture is accumulating. If you suspect your home has a black mold problem, contact a remediation company to schedule an inspection.