Mold exposure & it’s effects in Center Moriches

Mold symptoms near the Hamptons can be a serious health concern. Without professional mold remediation , entire families are at risk of developing asthma, allergies, and respiratory infections. These health issues should never be ignored. Read on to see the different ways that mold exposure can affect a person’s health. mold - growth

It can increase or cause asthma symptoms.

Mold exposure has been found to cause asthmatic symptoms in those who did not previously have asthma, and it can increase symptoms in current asthma sufferers. Asthma symptoms include shortness of breath, wheezing, and coughing. If these symptoms persist, the sufferer may feel tightness, pain, and pressure in their chest. These symptoms may not occur all of the time, but they can increase from prolonged mold exposure.

It can increase or cause allergy symptoms.

Allergy symptoms are one of the more common side effects of mold exposure. These symptoms might include a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and headaches. It is important to identify if these symptoms are seasonal—from increased pollens and dust particles in the air—or if they can be identified as mold symptoms. If symptoms occur most often in a specific room or indoors, then a mold remediation professional should inspect the house.

It may increase risks of respiratory infections.

If someone is already weakened or susceptible to respiratory issues, then he or she might be at risk of developing respiratory infections. These infections may be caused or worsened by mold spores in the lungs. If there is a chance of mold growth in the house, then it should be inspected immediately to prevent sickness in a person with a weakened respiratory system.

It may cause “sick building syndrome.”

“Sick building syndrome” is a term used by the Environmental Protection Agency to reference a health situation where building occupants experience the same symptoms after spending time in a building. The symptoms might include headache, skin irritations, difficulty concentrating, and nausea. These symptoms are usually indicative of an indoor air contaminant, which could be from a source of mold.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *