Mold Remediation Specialists in Center Moriches, NY
The Importance of Professional Mold Remediation and Removal
The temptation to address what appears to be a small mold problem on your own can be overwhelming. However, these problems can intensify quickly, leading to extensive property damage and serious health concerns without proper treatment. If you are concerned about mold on your property, please call Island Catastrophe Environmental Restoration, Inc. at (631) 909-1412 to schedule a professional mold inspection today.
Free Your Home from Harmful Mold
Mold can be a serious threat to the integrity of your property and the health of the occupants within. Professional mold remediation is the key to ensuring any mold on your property has been eliminated, as well as steps taken to address the source of the problem and prevent future mold growth. Island Catastrophe Environmental Restoration specializes in comprehensive mold and water damage remediation and repair, including mold inspection, mold testing, and black mold removal in the Long Island and Hamptons area.
The Steps of Mold Remediation
Professional mold remediation requires a full assessment of any mold growth on your property, followed by complete removal and repairs to prevent the problem from recurring.
- First, your mold removal service will identify visible and hidden signs of mold on your property to evaluate the extent of the problem. During this inspection, your mold professionals will use minimally-invasive techniques wherever possible.
- Once the mold problem has been fully identified, mold removal will commence. Mildew is removed using HEPA equipment and green botanical solutions to prevent the property damage or health concerns associated with harsher biocides and chemicals.
- The final step in mold remediation is eliminating the cause of the initial mold growth. Because mold growth is often associated with standing water or leaks, steps will be taken to address water and water damage to remove any favorable conditions for future mold growth.
Mold Health Dangers
Mold has the potential to cause health problems, producing allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Exposure to mycotoxins can come from ingestion, dermal exposure or inhalation. Mold has the potential to be extremely dangerous and various types of fungi have been proven to cause the following health issues:
Mold can cause serious respiratory problems in people who are exposed to it. Mold is responsible for several different breathing disorders. A person who is affected by mold may begin to cough up blood or black debris. They can be prone to sudden asthma attacks, chronic sneezing, and bronchitis. This is caused by the fungal spores entering your lungs, which will begin to irritate the mucous membranes, keeping your lungs from working properly.
Mold also affects the mucous membranes of the stomach. A person with mold sickness may experience several issues related to their gastrointestinal system. One of the most common gastrointestinal symptoms is horrible nausea. Nausea can be followed by vomiting and diarrhea. Finally, mold may cause a person to have a loss of appetite and rapid weight loss.
When mold spores land on your skin, they can cause massive problems. The first sign of any mold irritation is itchy and red skin. If exposure to the mold spores continues, the skin redness may turn into a serious rash. If left untreated, open sores may begin to show up on the skin.
There is a host of other illnesses which come from exposure to mold. With short exposure, you may begin to develop eye issues such as red or watery eyes. Also, you may begin to experience headaches. Further exposure to mold will cause your headaches to get more frequent and increase in intensity. You may begin to get nosebleeds. Mold also causes a feeling of fatigue, hair loss, short-term memory loss, and muscle pain. There have also been several neurological and nervous disorders, which stem from prolonged exposure to the spores.
If you are in presence of mold for an extremely long period of time, you may be affected by very serious health problems. The watery and red eyes can continue to get worse which can lead to blindness. Your respiratory issues can begin to cause your lungs to bleed. Your short-term memory loss can become long-term memory loss accompanied by brain damage. Finally, mold spores can cause cancer and, in some cases, death. If you feel you may have any symptoms related to mold exposure, you should see your doctor. If you think you may have a mold or moisture problem it is important you contact a professional such as ICER to properly remove the mold. If the mold is not properly removed by a trained professional, you run the risk of spreading the mold spores and causing further damage to yourself as well as your property.
Please visit our website and contact us today for a free estimate.